Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Quick Rant

The shitty folk bands on Sub Pop are starting to get highly irritating. 1690 AM is still my favorite radio station, but lately they're playing way too much of this shit. Fruit Bats suck. Anybody who doesn't agree with that statement should either a) kill himself/herself, or b) shut the fuck up about music, because he/she obviously don't know he/she is talking about.

Besides having to hear entirely too much of that shitty Sub Pop band, I've heard the song "Furr" by Blitzen Trapper what seems like every day for the last two weeks. These guys are actually not that bad of a band. They mostly have songs that are ok, and a couple that I would call pretty good. "Furr" is not one of them. The album version sounds like a really bad Elliot Smith song. Unfortunately, it's not possible to leave bad enough alone and there is a live version of it being played that makes my fucking skin crawl. It sounds to me, and I'm not kidding here, like Townes Van Zandt getting raped in a prison shower by Gram Parsons.

Sorry for the imagery, but I had to get that off my chest. If I hear this fucking song again on my drive home, I'm going to stab myself in the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment